Search Results

Search results 1-7 of 7.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from Evairfairy: “We're not going to go out of our way to support it unless there's a good reason to, but we're also not going to just rip it out because we're not using it anymore. I don't think I can really answer that question at this point ” That's fair enough Quote from Evairfairy: “Great, in that case you just need to familiarise yourself with the MIT License and make sure you're happy to distribute your code under that. ” Haha yes I rather use MIT than aGPL, I am familiar with both.…

• I don't know how skilled you are as a developer exactly, I only know every single developer back in the day at arcemu.org bit out their teeth while working on the LuaEngine, and there were some skilled people there. When only a few people over here can fix this up, that would be insanely good. I would totally Love this if its possible in the long run. Do you plan to let the user decide if he wants to use the C++ or Lua library of scripts later on? This seems like a great idea instead of complete…

• Quote from Evairfairy: “I honestly don't believe this is the case, for a few reasons. Firstly, the only time C++ is really necessary is when low level performance optimisations are required. Everything else can be logically represented in either C++ code or in Lua; if it can't, it's due to not exposing enough of the core through the Lua APIs. ” This is what I meant. Doesn't this make things more prone to errors in the long run? Instead of just having just a simple core script system you would ne…

• Quote from Evairfairy: “Additionally, the idea I'm currently pursuing is to determine whether "scripting by configuration" (I don't know a real term for it, I made that up) is possible. What I mean by this is being able to dictate what an intelligent object should do and when it should do it, and having the core actually build and perform the logic for that. An obvious example is creatures - [cast a spell on the nearest player when health drops to 40%]. As far as I see it, the benefits would be:…

• Quote from Evairfairy: “This was caused by my own poor explanations and inactivity at the time we began the move to multiversion. Code for different versions will be split into separate .cpp files, always. The large ifdef statements you see are mostly from me not conveying the need to split code up. As for headers, it's a bit more complex. ” That's fair. I was just very confused when I found this part in the source Quote from Evairfairy: “'s not entirely decided yet, but for the most part all ve…

• Greetings ascemu-community, I have a few questions regarding your plans to support several game versions with one branch, maybe this could be used as a thread for advantages and disadvantages of the different approaches how one could tackle this problem. It seems like your goal is to have one codebase which works for Classic, TBC, Wotlk, and Cata depending on which flags you use to compile the sources. Doesn't this overcomplicate a lot of things instead of making it easier to work with the code?…

• Is it possible to attack faster than 1 second on retail?